Hi Zach,

This sounds strange. I'll look into this. You can file this as a bug if you
like at http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/

First a few more diagnostic questions:

Are you on a shared network at all? Is your IP address dedicated to your
operations alone? Is this IP address used for any other
family/co-worker/etc. computing?
What specific API methods are you calling? Are you passing authentication
credentials at all?
Are there any other programs running on the server? What language/libraries
are you using?

Thanks,
Taylor