I'm using your OAuth library for this. I tried:
  $connection->request('GET', $connection->url('1/statuses/user_timeline'),
    array('screen_name' => 'barackobama',
      'include_entities' => 't',
      'include_rts' => 't',
      'count' => 200,
      'page' => $page));

I get the same set of tweets I do without  'include_rts' => 't'. I'm
sure I'm missing something completely obvious, although probably
undocumented. Are there any examples of a response in the docs that
does include a new style RT that I can look at? I assume they are kept
in a part of the JSON I'm not used to looking for.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Matt Harris <thematthar...@twitter.com> wrote:
> Hey Adam,
> Do you include the parameter include_rts=1 ? Be default
> statuses/user_timeline doesn't include retweets so you have to add this
> parameter to retrieve a full timeline.
> Best
> @themattharris
> Developer Advocate, Twitter
> http://twitter.com/themattharris
>

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Adam Green <140...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm collecting all the tweets for potential 2012 presidential
>> candidates, and I'm finding that /statuses/user_timeline returns much
>> fewer tweets than listed as the total in an account. The docs say that
>> this API call is limited to 3,200 tweets, but this is happening with
>> accounts that have fewer than that number. For example:
>>
>> @barackobama - Statuses_count from API and tweet count listed on
>> profile is 2,467, but /statuses/user_timeline only delivers 1,033
>> tweets.
>> @GovChristie - Statuses_count is 1,062, but API only delivers 1,038.
>>
>> This problem occurs in about 20% of the accounts I've checked. So
>> either the tweets are no longer available, or the statuses_count is
>> just wrong a lot of the time. This problem has persisted through 2
>> weeks of testing.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing the same problem?
>>
>> --
>> Twitter developer documentation and resources: http://dev.twitter.com/doc