Thank you for the timely reply, and it's actually what I meant when I
was describing the situation.
(And it used to be the case that request was refused if any of the
users didn't have authorization, I've been testing it, at least on
betastream.twitter.com 2-3 weeks ago)

My point is that unless some sort of a timeout parameter is used there
is no guarantee for the application to know if some user in the stream
has invalidated the authorization.

Right now I'm relying on an assertion that friend-list messages are
always clustered, i.e. once stream receives messages other than friend-
list no more friend-lists are received, but it's not convenient
because there's no telling how soon another message is going to
arrive.

Can you give me some advice on how to solve this problem?