Thanks, Raffi, but obviously I'm not the only one reaching these
conclusions.  If our interpretation is incorrect, then the policy
isn't clear.

Television shows, newspaper articles, and band pages are perfect
examples of places where a "Twitter client" might be useful.  I could
build a full-featured Twitter client around a single news site and
that might be the perfect solution for that set of users.  Under the
new guidelines, it sounds like I'd be shutdown.