Can you provide some more information -- a user_id or two that you're
experiencing this problem with?

Have you tried debugging your scenario by trying to make the API calls on
behalf of those users in isolation outside of your application (and it's
resultant chain of parsing & objectification)? ( Try Apigee:
https://apigee.com/console/twitter )

Do you receive an error or empty arrays? Have you looked at the source code
for the library that you are using, which might indicate how it handles HTTP
error codes and/or partial responses?

Taylor