Thanks for the reply Matt,

I am using data-counturl for tweets made using the tweet button, and
usually these seem to be fine and after 10-15 minutes will give a +1
to the counter on the tweet button.

However, for tweets I make using the API directly (using the Twitter
gem) the counter +1 seems to be far less consistent. Is there an
equivalent of data-counturl for the API?

In fact in the last week or so I have noticed that NONE of my tweets
done through the API are registering on the relevant counters where
previously they would.

I look forward to your reply,

Carl