I a trying to capture the last 3200 tweets from an authenticated user
with the statuses/user_timeline method. I use count = 200 and have a
function with calls the function 16 times with page being 1 to 16, so
it looks like this:

http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.xml?user_id=".$user_id.
'&count=200&page='.$page.'&include_rts=true';

The strange thing is that the first time for an account I only get a
limited return of tweets like 800 or 1000. Then every subsequent try I
get some more pages returned, until eventually I get all tweets sent
by the user, or the maximum of 3200.

Does anyone understand this or would this be a temporary glitch from
the API ?