Still receiving 401 during update status.

There are 2 parts of my code that uses the HttpConnection where I was
adding connection transport string.
1. To get the OAuth access token. The end point is "https://
api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token".
I removed the code to add transport string here. So my signature
should not contain the transport string.

2. Doing an update, the URL thus becomes "http://api.twitter.com/1/
statuses/update.json;interface=wifi"
The result is still 401.

Any idea?