Hi Pablo,

The OAuth implementations on streaming.twitter.com and api.twitter.com are
slightly different -- the api.twitter.com implementation likely being more
lenient to things like unencoded spaces.

Spaces in POST bodies and query strings should always be encoded,
regardless, as %20 whether used as criteria for a streaming filter or
posting a status update on the REST API -- it's invalid otherwise whether
one of our implementations accepts it or not :)

As a library developer, it's up to you on whether you want to put the onus
of proper parameter encoding on the end-developer or if you want to handle
transposing space characters to %20 (or "+" if you're feeling brave and/or
reckless) -- there are trade-offs in either approach.

@episod <http://twitter.com/episod> - Taylor Singletary