This is from a PHP app I built using a the the twitter-async class:
 $tweet = $twob->get('/statuses/show/'.$tw_id.'.json?include_entities=true');

Whatever language you are using, the url you are looking for is:

'/statuses/show/'.$tw_id.'.json?include_entities=true'

Documentation:
http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/show/:id

--
damonp