Hey there,

You can can monitor your current rate limit status by using the
'/1/account/rate_limit_status' endpoint or by checking your X-RateLimit
response headers values. By the way, it looks like the "Current API hits
remaining" data you're reporting is your X-RateLimit-Reset header value. Could
you please share the exact request you're making and the full HTTP response
body + headers?

As Abraham said, signing your '/1/statuses/user_timeline' request will make
it count agains the authenticated limit (350 calls per hour for the access
token you're using), not the anonymous one (150 calls per IP). Be also sure
to include versioning in your request URL (don't forget the '/1/' before
statuses/user_timeline).

Arnaud / @rno <http://twitter.com/rno>