I'd like to use the streaming API to track certain terms that I'll
ultimately present to all of my web application's users. For instance,
I want my app to display all tweets for some event, identified by some
hashed term.

I see that the streaming API (unlike the search API) requires
authentication, either Basic or OAuth. For tinkering purposes, I've
just used my own OAuth token/secret to hit the streaming API. But
which credentials should my app use? Since the stream will be
presented to all of my app's users, it doesn't make sense for it to
use a single user's credentials. It also doesn't make much sense to
open up individual, but identical streams for each user.

Is there a way to consume the streaming API with some app-level
credentials?