You're right.  The simplest (only?) way would be to create an account
specifically for managing your app.  I believe there was a recent post
on this list talking about that being the norm, but I couldn't find
it.  I'd love for the app to have it's own credentials, and allow for
assigning multiple twitter users to administer/manage the app.

James