Hi,

I would like to use a one access token with OAuth to make calls to the
Twitter API. I am NOT trying to build a web application but rather
trying to harvest data from Twitter to perform some analysis. I would
like to collect three types of data : followers, friends and user
information including status updates as available. I am able to do all
the same using no authentication as the data I collect are from public
users only. However, due to API limits I would like to shift to Oauth
which would allow me to get access to 350 requests per hour.

Is OAuth one access token the right approach for my task?

Is there any documentation or example to do the same? I am not using
any wrapper. Wrappers like Python-Twitter and Twython don't allow
functions to access followers, status updates of other users i.e.
users with data publicly available. I use urllib2 to directly call the
URL as given on the Twitter API documentation website.

I have registered an application and have all the keys (API key,
Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token, Access Secret Key) with
me. I would just like to get myself authenticated and mine Twitter to
collect data.

Programming Language : Python

--Regards,
Denzil