Matt :

Can you also clear the air on what the snippet from the Twitter docs mean? I
read it as there are no non-rate limited methods.

http://dev.twitter.com/pages/rate-limiting#rest

"API methods which are not directly rate limited are still subject to
organic, unpublished limits. This includes actions like publishing status
updates, direct messages, follow/unfollow actions, etc. These Twitter
Limits<http://support.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/15364> are
described on our help site"

--Regards,
Denzil