Hi Denzil,

The paragraph is letting you know that the API isn't the only source of rate
limits. If an API method says it isn't rate limited it means the request
will not count against the 350 authenticated (150 unauthenticated) requests
you are permitted per hour.

It doesn't mean the method isn't limited in some way though. In the text we
link to the page on our Twitter help site which explains the other limits
which exist on Twitter. Those limits are often referred to as user limits
and apply to the user no matter what application or site they are using
(including twitter.com).

The user limits are described on more detail on the help site (linked to
from the rate limiting document):
    https://support.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/15364

Best,
@themattharris <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=themattharris>