It would be very helpful if you could provide a specific Tweet ID that
is exhibiting this behavior -- the test case you're presenting is a bit
artificial. Do you know if the environment you're doing this consumption is
fully capable of understanding the UTF-8 character set? Tweets can contain
just about any UTF-8 character and your parsing should be prepared for
that.

On a side note, executing a specific query against the Search API every six
seconds isn't the most efficient use of the API. Have you considered
increasing the time you wait to poll and using additional Search API feature
like since_id?

@episod <http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=episod> - Taylor
Singletary