Taylor,

Firefox 4.01 on Windows Server 2003 and IE8 on Windows Server 2003
 (I believe they are both fully utf-8 compatible)
(using jQuery 1.3.2 js library, I would upgrade but I am stuck at it w/
other dependencies )

Can you not reproduce the error on the jsFiddle<http://jsfiddle.net/NBCGf/34/>?
(I will test on my ubuntu laptop when I get home)

As for the tweetid/url it is happening on multiple but I have
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=from:LansdowneResort&rpp=1&callback=?
<http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=from:LansdowneResort&rpp=1&callback=?%20>
hard-coded in the jsfiddle example and its showing error after a couple
iterations.

In any event, if you cannot, I am fine w/ the window.onerror error handling
I have implemented and have it working in both browsers now and have
implemented dom caching so as not to make too many requests.

Update:
I just tested in chrome and it threw
search.json:1<http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=from:TrumpSoHo&rpp=1&callback=jsonp1308002393614&_=1308002425423>Uncaught
SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=from:TrumpSoHo&rpp=1&callback=jsonp1308002393614&_=1308002425423

So I imagine maybe it is an OS/charset thing.

Thanks
//mh