I operate a Twitter web app (GroupTweet) that effectively runs in the
background once users activate it for the first time.  The only reason they
would need to log back into our site is to change their settings or
configuration.  Our app directly relies on the ability to read Direct
Messages, so its crucial users re-authenticate otherwise the service will be
useless until they do.

We don't collect email addresses.

So my question is, how are other people notifying their users about the need
to re-authenticate before June 30th?

Is there a way to create a script that sends @mentions to each of my
authenticated users or would this be blocked due to potential for spam
abuse?