Hi Zippy,

The search index is limited in how far back it can go. What this means is if
the hashtag you are searching for hasn't been used in the last week there
won't be any results returned.

In addition, not all Tweets are indexed by the Search API. This is explained
a little more in our user support article:

https://support.twitter.com/groups/32-something-s-not-working/topics/118-search-problems/articles/66018-i-m-missing-from-search

Have the hashtags you are tracking been used recently?

Best,
@themattharris <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=themattharris>
Developer Advocate, Twitter