Francois PIETTE wrote:
>> I just wonder how other programs can provide a
>> user defined TCP timeout that appears to overrule the system setting or
>> is something like that just a fake?
>
> I've searched on MSDN and found that setsockopt has those options:
> SO_RCVTIMEO Receives time-out in milliseconds (available in the Microsoft
> implementation of Windows Sockets 2).
> SO_SNDTIMEO Sends time-out in milliseconds (available in the Microsoft
> implementation of Windows Sockets 2).
>
> Maybe this is what you search for ?
> The text is not clear is those BSD options are supported or not !

Now I understood the what BSD means :) Berkley Software Distribution or so,
the roots of Winsock.

I think it's not supported, since I added the block below to
TCustomWSocket.Connect
and receive data just fine though the timeout is set to 1 ms. Or am I missing
something?

{ Socket type is SOCK_STREAM }

        optval  := 1;
        iStatus := WSocket_Synchronized_setsockopt(FHSocket, SOL_SOCKET,
                                  SO_RCVTIMEO, @optval, SizeOf(optval));
        if iStatus <> 0 then begin
            SocketError('setsockopt(SO_RCVTIMEO)');
            Exit;