To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 12:00 AM
Subject: [twsocket] Adding gzip to HttpCli

Hello,

I finally get some time to check the changes proposed to handle the
gzip content encoding.

First I think that it should be better not to add specific gzip
handling but a generic class to handle the content encoding, using a
registration machanism for each encoding, like what happen with
TGraphic.

So the THttpCli will compose the "Accept-encoding" header accordinly
to the registered classes, that will do then the decoding if needed.

Two questions:
a) where is the best place to decode the received stream? Xavier do
this in the GetBodyLineNext when the end of document is reached.
b) the RcvdStream must contain what effectly received from the server
or the decoded version? In the second case, what received should be
dropped or keeped somewhere?

Opinions?

About the gzip implementation proposed from Xavier I have some
question.

Why in the Create method the FRequestVer is set to a different value?

Why the Accept-encoding is added only if the RequestVer is 1.1?

What is FGzTime used for?

Bye, Maurizio.