Hello Werner,

The component itself will take about 2 KB of memory. A listening socket
(is a socket in rest) will take about 4 KB (nonpaged) memory. A data
socket (if a client is connected) around 8 KB (nonpaged) because it is
sending and receiving.

As for other recources like CPU load etc, it is depending on amount of
data and network speed, but since data is go/come from a serial device I
should not worry about this.

So I think a thread will be overkill.

---
Rgds, Wilfried