The telnet connection on the specified port on the server is working well.
:(

/ Ionut Muntean

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Francois Piette
Sent: 6 decembrie 2005 05:23 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Strange

> I'm experiencing a strange behavior of WSocket.Connect ->
> WSocket.OnSessionConnected. I have 2 PC. One on which I develop my
> applications and a laptop. Both of them are Windows XP Proffesional
> with SP2 installed. The server my application is connecting is on the
> same 100 Mbps LAN as the 2 PC's above. From the firs PC, after calling
> WSocket.Connect, the connection is established very fast and
> OnSessionConnected is called. On the second PC, after calling Connect,
nothing happens for about 30 seconds.
> The server the application is connecting does no receive any
> connection for the time specified above. So, to resume, on the first
> PC the connection is established right after WSocket.Connect and on
> the second PC the connection is established after an anoying delay.
> Does someone experience any similar situation? I have tried
> wsoTcpNoDelay on both server and client. No results.
> Please help.

I could be a DNS problem. Try connecting by specifying the IP address
instead of hostname to be sure it is not a DNS problem.
What is the ping time ? Try ping using the IP address and ping using the
hostname.
Try using the command line telnet to connect to your server:
    telnet your_server_name your_server_port If it is slow also, then
defenitely there is a problem within the OS, I guess a DNS problem.

--
Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit
http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html