Time Bandit wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> just coming back to ICS after something like 6 years off the list.
>
> I'm building a socket server that should handle lot's of short time
> connections. Clients will connect, send a request, get an answer, then
> disconnect. The number of clients will be somewhere between 500 and
> 1000.
>
> I did some testing with the demo SocketServer (TcpSrv) and a script
> that open a number of connections.

Check out the reason why a connection failed. If it's 10061 increase
value of property ListenBacklog. It's by default set to 5.
Total size of the listenbacklog queue depends on the OS you use.
However if you set a value higher than supported by the OS it won't hurt.
Server OS's have a much bigger listenbacklog queue than Pro-versions or
Home-editions.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]