> Maybe I missed: why do you need to rename?

I said: "This way, ICS component  would  be clearly identified."
The idea is really to have better naming convention. To start on better
basis.
My idea is to release V6 for the 10th ICS birthday which is in april 2006.
This release would break the main rule I observed during those 10 years:
preserve existing code.

> Why would one person need to install both v5 and v6?

They won't except during the intermediate period. V5 would be used only for
maintening old programs or by those using outdated compilers.

> If they want, they can install them different
> folders and install the associated package of them one at a time.

Of course.