Scrive DZ-Jay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Maurizio Lotauro wrote:
> > Scrive Fastream Technologies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >> Firefox and Opera tolerates the comma well. You can try here:
> >> http://www.fastream.net/beta/NetFileServer.exe (8.0.8B2). Just add a user
>
> >> from HTTP->Users and then assign  the user to a path (C:\NFRoot is the
> >> default) and point your browser to localhost. I believe Mozilla team knew
>
> >> about the IE bug and decided to keep it compatible to that as well as the
>
> >> RFC.
> >
> > Why don't write each challenge on separate header? The actual THttpCli
> doesn't
> > expect more challenge in a single header.
>

> Its exactly the same.  If THttpCli doesn't expect more challenges in a
> single header, then perhaps it should be modified, as this is specified
> in the RFC.

True, but in the meantime...
In any case, I think that writing one challenge per header would be made
things a little clear, in particular for debugging.

But how do you interpreted what the rfc say? Should it be like

WWW-Authenticate: <auth-scheme_A> <list of param of auth-scheme_A> <auth-
scheme_B> <list of param of auth-scheme_B> <auth-scheme_C> ...

or the each scheme should be identified because they are different from a
parameter (that is always like <param>=<value>?

>From rfc:
---8<---
Authenticate header field containing at least one challenge
applicable to the proxy for the requested resource.

challenge = auth-scheme 1*SP 1#auth-param

Note: User agents will need to take special care in parsing the
WWWAuthenticate or Proxy-Authenticate header field value if it contains more
than one challenge, or if more than one WWW-Authenticate header field is
provided, since the contents of a challenge may itself contain a comma-
separated list of authentication parameters.
--->8---

Bye, Maurizio.