Okay, but that is problematic for me. It may occur that the thread who
created the socket is already gone but since it didn't close the socket
properly (for what reason whatever) the communication dll is bound to
close it. But now it can't since the socket has been created in another thread.

> btw: Have you read my previous messages ? I'm still convinced
> you are confusing TThread class with
> thread execution context.

I do understand now that only the code within the execute method of a
TThread descendant runs in the context of that thread. All other method of that
TThread descendant won't unless being called from the own execute method.

Greetings from a still learnig

Markus