Hello,

Is  there  a  list  of which properties and events are not "inherited"
from  the  ones  set after .Create and which ones must be re-set again
after a socket close (for socket.connect I think it is just ip+port as
they  are  the  only  ones  raising  an error but I am not about other
properties).

ICS  help  file  tell a bit about it for OnClientCreate that is a good
place  for  doing a ThreadDettach/Attach and OnClientConnect that is a
place to declare events (but which ones ?).

For  example  if  you  do a
TWSocket.OnDataAvailable:=MyOnDataAvailable      after      the
TWSocket.Create, then no OnDataAvailable event will trigger and you must
set  it  in  the OnClientConnect.

Other example, when a socket is closed and you want to re-connect to a
server  you  must  re-set IP and port before, whenever you already set
them  after  TWSocket.Create  (but  in  that  case it this is not real
problem  as  an  error  is Raised telling you about missing IP or Port
properties so you can't do declaration at wrong place).

I  use  to declare many properties/events twice, one after .Create and
other  OnClientConnect  but  if  a  list  describe  which/where  I  am
interested reading it.

Regards.