Thank you for your response.

> Or use the messageLoop of TWSocket if you dont need to receive custom
> messages. Set Multithreaded to true.

But may I know how?  I am not quite familiar with Delphi.  From the
Pop3prot.hpp MultiThreaded is a protected bool of TSyncPop3Cli, which is
inherited from TPop3Cli.  Should I use TSyncPop3Cli instead?

>From Arno's previous message,

> 1 - Create the Pop3Cli instance in Execute
> 2 - Assign properties and events
> 3 - Connect
> 4 - Start your MessageLoop

It would be great if a sample code excerpt that you can kindly show me.  Should
the worker thread call connect once, and other functions in every mail
retrieval cycle?  My thought was to connect -> get mails -> delete mails ->quit
in every cycle.

Many thanks.