Patrick Wong wrote:
> Thank you for your response.
>
>> Or use the messageLoop of TWSocket if you dont need to receive custom
>> messages. Set Multithreaded to true.
>
> But may I know how?  I am not quite familiar with Delphi.

Writing/using message loops is not specific to Delphi but to Windows
applications.
Wilfried ment that you may use method Pop3Cli.CtrlSocket.Messageloop instead of
writing your own message pump.

> From the
> Pop3prot.hpp MultiThreaded is a protected bool of TSyncPop3Cli
>, which
> is inherited from TPop3Cli.  Should I use TSyncPop3Cli instead?

No, better run async even in a worker thread.

>> From Arno's previous message,
>
>> 1 - Create the Pop3Cli instance in Execute
>> 2 - Assign properties and events
>> 3 - Connect
>> 4 - Start your MessageLoop
>
> It would be great if a sample code excerpt that you can kindly show
> me.  Should the worker thread call connect once, and other functions
> in every mail retrieval cycle?  My thought was to connect -> get
> mails -> delete mails ->quit in every cycle.

There's no difference between running the component in main thread
or in a worker thread given you process messages by some kind of
message loop.

Delphi's class TThread does not implement such a message loop by
default .

Think asynchrone, call Connect and the take any further action in the
various event handlers.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]