Fastream Technologies wrote:
> Ok but let's say the server is running on multiple domains using a
> domain
> controller.

Then I guess that the default authenticating authority will be the DC,
someone  needs to test that, anybody out there with a domain environment?

> At simplest, a normal domain and the local domain.

I've never heard of a local domain, either your webserver box is a member of a
domain
or it is a standalone box (in this case you have to ensure that any account is
locally,
physically available on the webserver box).

> How
> does the
> client decides which one of them to log on to?

The client cannot know that in the firstplace, it only gets the WWW-Authenticate
headers, they do not include any domain information.

And why don't you fill
> in the
> domain field in the NTLM msg 1?

I don't fill it in, the client fills it in!!