One addition to your answer: There is a standard called UPnP
(Universal Plug and Play) which enables supporting routers to be able
to be configured by software (not have to log in via the web interface
but they provide some sort of low level web service). This is used for
forwarding NAT ports.

Regards,

SZ

Fastream Technologies