> > In my opinion, UPnP /is/ a large hole in security.
> > It is disabled on my router.

> I don't agree.  It makes things very convenient for the end user,
especially
> today when a lot of people are behind NAT routers.

Yes indeed. And also very convenient for any virus/troyan/malicious code
behind the NAT router.

> The only way I can see
> it being a security hole is if you have some malicious
> executable running behind your router.

This is so frequently the case for most "standard" end user which do not
maintain their PC up-to-date, nor their anti-virus and anti-spyware.

> If that is the case, the fact it can get your router to
> forward incoming connections isn't that significant,
> since it can easily connect outwards, or delete your data anyway...

This is one more hole.
Each one consider security versus his own risks.