Ok, I understand that port 21 is an exception and the router replaces
automatically the private IP by the public IP.  It’s not the case for others
ports. OK.

And for these others cases, we must use PASVIPAdress in which, we set public
IP.

So now, suppose that I’ve a server behind a router with IP public is
194.206.244.150 for example and IP private would be 192.2.1.3.   I set
PASVIPAdress with 194.206.244.150 on port 1985 and I connect it on from
outside lan. So it’s OK.

And now, if I want to connect it from inside LAN. So I connect it with
192.2.1.3, always in passiv mode on 1985 port. But in this case, it’s not
good because the server response to PASV command the IP public
194.206.244.150 and the client can’t connect from inside to 194.206.244.150.

What can I do for this case ?

Sorry it’s difficult to explain that in English; I’m French !

Arnold

Arno Garrels
<mailto:twsocket%40elists.org?Subject=%5Btwsocket%5D%20FTP%20Connection%20in
%20Passive%20mode&In-Reply-To=> arno.garrels at gmx.de
Tue Oct 24 13:53:43 UTC 2006

  _____

Arnold FLUTEAUX wrote:
> Yes I understand that we can solve this with PasvIPAddr but I don't
> understand why we get public IP with port 21 and not with another
> port. It's curious and this is also the case with IIS FTP Server.
> Why must we set PasvIPAddr only when we want to have transfert on
> another port than 21 ?

It's a router issue not a server problem. Your router replaces the
private by its public IP in the server response on port 21,
because this is the default FTP control port. Many cheap routers
don't even do that on port 21.
If the router would try to search and replace the IP string in FTP
data comming from any port it would slow down network speed notable.
Maybe it's possible to setup your router to do the same on a
different port as well?

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]
 <http://www.overbyte.be/eng/overbyte/teamics.html>