> I believe for common tasks that would require many developers to do
> the same thing, there should be common code in the component set.
> Thinking otherwise is not productive.

Rubbish.  This passive IP NAT stuff is hardly common, otherwise this
mailing list would be full of requests for it.

Using existing code is absolutely productive, it's always the fastest
way to get development done.  Writing new code is always risky, thus all
the buffering problems in ICS V5 and V6 recently.

The FTP server component is only bare bones, it needs lots of stuff
adding to events to make it useful already.

Angus