> As far as threads.. Was thinking that TWSocket itself would not be in a
> thread.. However, the packet processor and relay code would be.. More
> specifically, at the server level, buffer the incoming data to some
> pre-determined amount, then fire off a thread to process that buffer..

Using a thread for offloading blocking processing is a good thing.
Using a single thread for all TWSocket stuff is also good if you have a
really fast network. In that case using the main thread for both GUI and
network I/O woul make the application less responsive to the user, therefore
a worker thread for network I/O is good. With slow network (depending on
your hardware, slow mean something below 10 Mbps) the main thread is
frequently enough for both the GUI and network I/O. It is not the number of
client which matters, it is the global thruput which cannot be higher than
cable thruput of course.