HI David,
In this case I am writing a custom written limted XML parser for a special
application.  If there is no way to stop the conversion I will have to add code
to handle it in my routine...

Dave

---- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quoting Dave Yeatman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I am using HTTPCli.Get to retrieve XML text from a web page.
> My problem is the quote (") character being converted to &quote in the
> received text.

The xml parser will take care of doing the conversion for you. an
&quote is what you should expect to see.

> I suspect I am likly using the wrong mode but I have unsuccessful so far
> in finding th solution. Am I using the wrong approach?

Things look like they are working fine.