Hello,

I've some application which sits between two networks. It get's queries
to be carried out (not DB queries) from a PC and gets the replies from
the other network.

The replies are stored in a queue and shall be reported back to that PC
originally asking (this is always the same PC). For communication with
that PC I've a TWSocket TCP connection.

As it is now I've some thread which gets a message posted from the queue
when new data is added. It reads the queue then and sends the data via
the socket. The socket hasn't been created within that thread. I feel
this is bad design because it doesn't seem to be really reliable (lost
connection without known reason, AV ...).

My new idea is now to use a TApplicationEvents and send the notification
about new answers to the main program itsself (thequeue is within this
context anyway) and let the main program then send the data. This should
be doable without CPU hogging/waste of CPU since sending is asynchronous
anyway when ICS is used. Am I right on this? Would that be better and be
reliable? Because that seems to be my last big showstopper in that part
of the application right now.

I'm still using ICS V5.20 or so. I won't upgrade now, maybe later in the
future but time is pressing...

Greetings

Markus