I just downloaded it - not too big - 1.8GB for the x86 version - 2.4GB
for the x64 version- No problems. You do have to "order" it on-line for
the free D/L.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:51 AM
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Strange Vista winsock behavior--any way to
by-pass?

> *Subject:* Re: [twsocket] Strange Vista winsock behavior--any way
> to by-pass?
> *From:* DZ-Jay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> It may not be a code efficiency problem, it may be intentionally
> crippled to prevent you from using the "client" version for any
> high-performance communications, and force you to buy the "server"
> version.

Exactly, that's why the workstation OSs have a limit of 10 TCP/IP
shares.
Unfortunately, Microsoft seems to have invalidated the patch to the
tcpip.sys that I used for a few years to raise the limit to 50.

Windows 2007, aka Longhorn, the next server release, is currently on
open
beta from the Microsoft web site.  I've tried to download it with
Firefox
and MSIE, but the Microsoft 'shop' software always returns 'error'.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver/longhorn/audsel.mspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/evalcenter/bb383571.aspx

Has anyone started testing ICS on Windows 2007?

Angus