Hello Erich,

I see in your other mail that your problem is solved. So here I try to
answer to your additional questions.

> What influences how much buffer RAM is used by each socket.

It is the socket itself and also the data. A socket takes around 4 KB.
Overlapped IO takes also pages of 4 KB but in case of lot's of data it
can be more. Nothing to tell how mutch more exacly in case of mutch hi
speed data. In normal circumstances you can say that a socket wich is
sending and receiving will take 12 KB.

> Also, what is the relevance of OnBgException?

OnBgException is fired when there is an exception from the middle of
nowhere, that is from the message pump. If it happens then normally it
will come from your code, eg an unhandled exception in some of the
events. Just in case it is safe to have an event handler in it, I do
always to be safe. Just put CanClose to True. Socket will close, and you
you can in the OnSessionClosed handler post a message to custom message
handler to re-listen, or to re-connect.

> Do I need to bind to it on my listening socket or my working socket?

Both of them, see above.

> processed.  Also, you talk about 1/8 of system RAM being able to be used for
> this buffer RAM.  Is that for all applications, or is that per application.

For all applications on the machine including NT services. All
overlapped IO uses non pageable RAM. Also it is not only 1/8 of system
RAM, it is also harware limited. But don't know the hardware limit from
the top of my head.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz