>Now I have a form which has TWSocket server and reads the clients data,
When
>this data is something "special" it calls a thread to do the parsing.
>My problem: when the thread it's called it consumes the system resources
and
>the client's data received meanwhile is discarded.
>Can anybody tell me a way of putting the thread to work only when there is
>no data?

A thread takes the CPU needed for the work you've programmed. You defenitely
must avoid programming wait loops. But if your data processing is pure
computing, then your application is CPU bound and there is no way to reduce
system resource except if you grant lower priority to the thread which will
make it work when no other thread of higher priority needs CPU and of course
processing will take more time.