> Do you see similar (strange delays or high CPU use) with IE or any
> other internet application as well?

Delays, yes. CPU use, no. But that is an interesting idea, I could
try the same thing on different PCs.

IE has its own problems. Applications that depend on IE can stall
each other. For example, as long as StarMoney is working on the
freshly imported bank data, Internet Explorer cannot open a new
window or tab. Sometimes StarMoney needs several minutes after
getting data from my banks, and during that time I need to use
FireFox if I want to browse web sites.

Cheers,
Tobias