I have been happily enjoying the simplicity of using ReceiveStr.  However I
now have a requirement to send much larger amounts of data.  I have profiled
my app and have concluded that the largest bottleneck ( > 50%) is
ReceiveStr.

My app now needs to send a large number of records.  Currently, I'm
converting each record to a string and calling SendStr and the client is
using ReceiveStr.

Is the speed improvement potential worth the added complexity to covert my
app from using SendStr and ReceiveStr to Send and Receive?

If yes, any pointers on how to proceed?

thanks,
shawn