> the unit. Still the same 'actual and formal var parameter must be
> identical' error at Status := WSocket_WSAIoctl(FHSocket,
> SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS,

It's just a vague guess, I don't have D2 avalable, you may
try changing:

procedure TCustomWSocket.SetKeepAliveOption;
var
    ..
{$IFDEF DELPHI3}
    BytesReturned : DWORD;
{$ELSE}
    BytesReturned : Cardinal;
{$ENDIF}
..

To:
procedure TCustomWSocket.SetKeepAliveOption;
var
    ..
    BytesReturned : DWORD;
..

Does that help?

--
Arno Garrels


[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Quoting Francois Piette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 
>>> I am using Delphi 2 c/s. I also got the "cannot assign to a read-
>>> only property" error when installing cslogger.pas. I found the
>>> following fix in one of the threads:
>> 
>> Just add the compiler option "writable constant" in the project
>> options (Or {$J+} in the offending source code if memory serve me
>> well). 
> 
> I tried adding {$J+} to the block and when that made no difference, to
> the unit. Still the same 'actual and formal var parameter must be
> identical' error at Status := WSocket_WSAIoctl(FHSocket,
> SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS,
>                                   @KeepAliveIn,  SizeOf(KeepAliveIn),
>                                   @KeepAliveOut, SizeOf(KeepAliveOut),
>                                   BytesReturned, nil, nil);
> 
> There is no "writable constant" compiler option in my d2. There is an
> 'Assignable typed constants' {$J}, however this was already checked.
> 
> 
>> 
>>> Any suggestions?
>> 
>> Update your Delphi, preferably to the current version (Delphi 2007).
>> 
>> Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit
>> http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html --
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Author of ICS (Internet Component Suite, freeware)
>> Author of MidWare (Multi-tier framework, freeware)
>> http://www.overbyte.be
>> 
>> 
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: <twsocket@elists.org>
>> Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 11:01 PM
>> Subject: [twsocket] parameter error in twsocket w/d2
>> 
>> 
>>> I am using Delphi 2 c/s. I also got the "cannot assign to a read-
>>> only property" error when installing cslogger.pas. I found the
>>> following fix in one of the threads:
>>> 
>>> "You can remove the offending line and /ADD/ the following two
>>> lines at the beginning of InternalOpenLogFile, just after
>>> InternalCloseLogFile: 
>>> 
>>>      if (FLogFileOption = lfoOverwrite) and
>>> FileExists(FLogFileName) then          DeleteFile(FLogFileName);"
>>> 
>>> Now I get a fatal 'actual and formal var parameter must be
>>> identical' error in wsocket.pas at line:
>>> 
>>> Status := WSocket_WSAIoctl(FHSocket,      SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS,
>>>                                 @KeepAliveIn,  SizeOf(KeepAliveIn),
>>>                                 @KeepAliveOut, SizeOf(KeepAliveOut),
>>>                                 BytesReturned, nil, nil);
>>> 
>>> Any suggestions?
>>> 
>>> --
>>> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
>>> please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-
>>> bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket Visit our website at
>>> http://www.overbyte.be 
>> 
>> --
>> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
>> please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
>> Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ----- End forwarded message -----
-- 
To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be

Reply via email to