I am sure this is not relevant, but just in case... You do realize that you
have the address spelled wrong below?  I imagine it should be "smtp", not
"smpt"?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jonathan M. Freedman
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 7:06 PM
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] SMTP Component not ready

Dear List:

I write this code:

smtpCaribou->Host = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" ;
smtpCaribou->Port = 25 ;
smtpCaribou->Connect() ;

and get a smtp component not ready error message.

Question...i don't think I need a twsocket connection first or do i?

The server is a timewarner company server.  I am a subscriber.  I want to
send mail directly from a program I have to individual client in my database
without going thru Outlook.  This is the first step I guess.

jf