Hello Markus,

Fragmentation as other guys said is IP issue and you can do nothing
about it if any device between sender and receiver's machines cannot
bring packet the same size they have been sent from source.

IP protocol has come message system to ask for sender to resend packet
as  fragmented  (below and under no control of ICS). But as it is ICMP
messages  and  many  firewalls may block it default, then your machine
may  never receive the fragmentation's request. This also happend when
you  are  using  some  VPN network and you may have to set MTU size of
sender's  machine  down to 1400 that is a good value. This can be done
thru  registry  or  using some tools like DoctorTCP 0.21 (DrTCP) or SG
TCP Optimizer 2.0.3

Regards.