From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DZ-Jay
Sent: 26. mars 2008 10:07
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Proposal for new feature in OverbyteIcsSmtpProt.pas

Hello:
        I don't think this is necessary.  First, this headers should be
handled by the application (and indeed can easily be done as you
pointed out).  Second, there is a conventional "X-Loop" header used and
supported by many MTAs.

http://www.ninebynine.org/IETF/Messaging/draft-klyne-hdrreg-mail
-00.html#hdr.X-Loop

        Most delivery agents do this automatically.  It is extremely unlikely
that two modern SMTP servers enter in a delivery loop, because this
used to be such a big problem before.  In any case, this should be
handled at the server level, and SmtpProt is intended to be an SMTP
client.

        dZ.

  --
        DZ-Jay [TeamICS]

On Mar 25, 2008, at 15:27, Bjørnar Nielsen wrote:

> New property:
>
> property  XAutoGeneratedReply : Boolean      read
> FXAutoGeneratedReply  {Bjørnar}
>

>                      write FXAutoGeneratedReply; {Bjørnar}
>

> The reason for using this is to tell the receiving mailserver that it
> should not answer this email with "I'm on holliday" or similar. Two
> mailservers could send each other mails in definite if no one breaks
> the loop. So if you are sending an autogenerated mail, set this flag
> to not get a autogenerated mail back.
>

> In procedure TCustomSmtpClient.Data;
>
>         if FXAutoGeneratedReply then begin
>       {Bjørnar}
>
>              FHdrLines.Add('X-Autogenerated: Reply');
>       {Bjørnar}
>
>         end;
>       {Bjørnar}
>
> Regards Bjørnar