On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:18:20 +0300, you wrote:

>Well? as I know to support Unicode with W9x user must install  Microsoft Layer
>for Unicode.
>Information "version of MultiByteToWideChar is included in these operating
>systems" is new for me.

The conversion routines between UNicode and Ansi are practically the complete
Unicode support available
under Win9x. The Unicode Layer for windows only contains dummy versions of the
W APIs, which convert the parameters
from Unicode to Ansi and then call the A versions of the API.

The Unicode support for the user interface is completely missing (with the
exception of the Far East variants of the OS)
Thus the need for the conversion routines to be able to read and write
documents written in Unicode.

Regards from Germany

Franz-Leo