> I've had router related trouble-reports from our customers.
> On some older routers, you can have history overflows.

Not just routers (although the Netgear FVS318 is notoriously useless),
but also switches and access points.  I have a client with various remote
locations with ADSL, 8-port switches and access points, all monitored,
and all to often we get unexplained FTP issues that are down to pure
hardware.  Some access points are so poor that I had to write code to
power cycle them three times a day using an APC Masterswitch.  It's not
always a software problem...

Angus